4/3/11

In the storm as well as the shine...

It is certainly springtime in Columbia. But it didn't feel like that earlier this week. We were pounded with rain and 40 degrees all week. It was horrendous. And my rain-boots rub blisters. Poor me, I know. 
Despite all the rain, God was showing me His light. Every day I had either a prayer answered or a chance to take part in His glory. It was just incredible. I was on a bit of a spiritual high all week. Which is surprising because usually my mood is greatly affected by the weather. 
I had a thought. Maybe God gives us such dreary weather to remind us that He is with us even when the sun seems to have left. 
Yesterday I had my first photo shoot in a while. I took pictures of my friend Kristen on the horseshoe--the heart of campus and the most beautiful part--and at the State House. 






 Oh, look what we found. Gross. 


























Anthropologie necklace, Wooden Ships top, and 6x6 boots
Last night was Campus Crusade formal. It was SO much fun. They played great music and we just danced the night away. Well, until our feet started hurting. 
Hanna
Sarah Anne, me, and Hanna
Hanna's amazing shoes
"I should be a foot model."-H
Prom poses: Sarah Anne, Kristen, Hanna


The theme for the dance was Hollywood. We didn't really dress for it, but here are some of the boys. Ross and Billy went as The Blues Brothers. 








"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."
Colossians 2:6-7

Most of the time I am surely not "overflowing with thankfulness." That is something the Holy Spirit is going to have to help me with. But that is how we are supposed to be. We have so much to be thankful for. We have an incredible God who will do anything for our good. Even send His own son to die so that we might have the chance to be with Him, finally complete for eternity. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3