4/16/11

Arnold and Lita

Considering the current weather in Columbia (see above), today is going to be a lazy Saturday. Well, partially. I am alternating between studying for Econ and watching Hey Arnold on Netflix. I know, you're jealous (of the Hey Arnold part). It's been too long since I've watched some good Saturday morning cartoons. Let's have a week recap, shall we?
 My car was decorated thanks to some thoughtful Cru boys.
I made my first banana bread (I do not bake) and it was a huge hit! Check out the recipe I used here. I omitted the nuts. Some say banana bread must have them, but I don't like them. That's the perk of baking your own delicious treats. 
I made it for our last Kappa Bible Study of the year. Half of us will be graduating and I will miss them dearly. I can see this will always be a difficult time of year in college. 

I also have been making a summer to-do list. Here's what I have so far:
  • Scan all of mom's old photos and have an occasional vintage photo post. I got the idea from one of my favorite blogs, The Sartorialist.
  • Learn to cook. 
  • Learn to use a film camera.
  • Throw a classy summer party (we may be moving soon so I have to make the best of my house while I still can!)
  • Clean out my closet, I am sensing a blog giveaway
  • Garden
  • Write a message in a bottle
  • And of course, grow closer to my Lord and Savior. 
One week of classes left! I can do it! Tonight I am going to Charleston with Hanna for the Shrimp Festival (?) sounds like it should be fun! I am bringing my camera so expect a long post upon my return.

Oh, and one more thing. 
I have found true love, and it's name is Lita.

These Jeffrey Campbell shoes have captured my heart. I will be gladly accepting donations, in case you were wondering. They will be mine. 

"Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account."
Hebrews 4:13
We cannot hide from God, but isn't that comforting? We have nothing to fear. He sees everything and yet He still loves us enough to sacrifice His own precious Son. 

Much Love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3