4/10/11

Frankly, my dear.

I am sitting at Starbucks on a beautiful Sunday morning. This takes me back to a post about a year old, here. It's still cappuccino season, and it may have become an all year thing for me. I have changed so much in these past 8 months. I look back and ask, was that really me? God has turned my entire life upside-down. One might think a situation like that to be a little frightening, but what am I to fear? Nothing. I know God only wants what is best for me. He is my loving Heavenly Father who created me. Down to the last detail. It isn't about me finding who Makena is. It's about God showing me how I can lose Makena and gain Him. 

I have been gathering quite a bit of photos lately. I couldn't decide exactly what I wanted this post to feature, so this is one of my longer posts. 

Friday we had a little Cru (Campus Crusade) cookout. That was really fun. I am loving this warm weather. 

 Hanna and Cooper :)

Friday from 7pm to Saturday at 7am I was at Relay for Life. It was not easy. Especially considering the grandma that I am (not physically, but behavior-wise). But I did it! Kappa was the biggest Greek group! See all the girls in the red shirts with white writing? Those are all kappas. 








 My awesome big, Maggie, braided my hair. A 5 strand braid. Pretty incredible, I know. 

 So I just learned how to take screen shots. Yes, I know I am a little slow, but didn't I just mention that I am a grandma in all cases other than physical appearance and offspring? I have been taking screenshots of the movies I have watched lately. 

Doctor Zhivago



 A Room With A View





 Please notice the tiger rug on the floor.



 Gone With The Wind--one of my all-time favorites

"You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how." 
-Rhett Butler

"Because after all, tomorrow is another day."
-Scarlett O'Hara

"Dear friend, you are faithful in what you are doing for the brothers, even though they are strangers to you."
3 John 5

We are to spread God's love to everyone. Even those whom we might consider strangers. God has been laying on my heart the fact that I need to be intentional in every situation. With every person I meet. It sure is hard. But with God I can do anything. 

Much love,
Makena

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3