8/25/10

Fashion Forward.

So posting has been difficult, the last week was crazy because I participated in RUSH! I am now a Kappa Kappa Gamma. Below is a picture of the two corner groups before pref night. It was cocktail attire. From back, left to right: Erin (my roommate), Julia (neighbor), Michelle (neighbor), and Lauren (neighbor). Front: Me, Maddi (suite mate), Jimena (neighbor), and Liz (suite mate).
Sorority pose, girls!
Kappa girls and me on bid day! That was one of the most exciting days of my life. We were given our sorority shirts and we had to sprint to the area at which our sorority was standing. 

So I now have my own personal scanner and yesterday it was working very hard. I bought the September issue of Harper's Bazaar and it may have been one if the best issues I have read in a while. The articles were fascinating, and the pictures took my breath away. I intended to scan more pictures, but time was not allowing. I love how Jennifer Aniston was capturing the enticing character that is Barbara Streisand. She did it well, I believe. 
The photos below are part of one of my favorite spreads in the issue. I love how this beautiful, chic woman is traveling all over the world. I would love to be her some time in the future. 

I absolutely loved the spread on Daisy Fellows, these pictures are so incredible classy but yet the edge of the black and white and dark lipstick seems to bring the whole shot together. 
As many of you know, I have come the conclusion that I was born in the wrong generation. These photos just feed my old soul. 
One more thing: there were so many photos and advertisements with horses. One after another they tore at my heart. I miss my horse. Below is Ralph Lauren. 
Oh, and I LOVE those blue Keith Haring by Nicholas Kirkwood booties. So cool. 

So college is surely an eye opener. Over the past weeks I have been exposed to all sorts of behavior unfamiliar to me prior to college. I believe I have handled it quite well, though. God has provided me with all sorts of people and opportunities to keep me going, I hardly have time to be upset. I attended the first Campus Crusade meeting last Thursday and we discussed Matthew 7. There were these verses, though, that stole my heart. 

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."
Matthew 7:24-27

With God you will always have security. He is the rock, the only solid foundation. Base your life upon him and you will never fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3