4/25/11

Resurrection.

What a fantastic weekend. The family ventured to Columbia to celebrate Easter and my Baptism on Sunday. Gaga, Papa, Mom, Dad and Olivia spent a beautiful three days in the armpit of the South. 
They stayed at the Sheraton on Main. A beautiful hotel with a fantastic rooftop bar. We spent a little time there before dinner Saturday. Below are some pictures of the view. 

 As well as my outfit. My grandma took me shopping for my birthday (this coming Saturday). The top is new: Creme Fraîchè; skirt: Billabong; shoes: Vince Camuto 
 My sister ordered a blue smurf--interesting. 

 See the tall building to the left? That's my dorm. Oh how I will not miss it. One week left!
 I love the border on this building. My grandpa told me that this kind of exterior decoration is too expensive to do now. What a shame. 


 We went to Dianne's on Devine for dinner and it was fantastic. 
 Filet and seafood sampler. Split with my dad, rightly so. 
 I would take this over birthday cake any day. 


 One of my proudest photos. Packing up--yes those are all shoes. Some people collect stamps, I collect shoes. It's all good. 
 For lunch Sunday we went to one of my favorite restaurants, Cafe Strudel. 
mmm cinnamon pancakes...



 Then it was time for Church. I was baptized in the first service and it was incredible. My Bible study leader from high school, Karen, drove all the way here with her husband to do the baptizing. I am so glad I got to have this experience. Below are pictures of Natalie and Kristen getting baptized. 

God is doing such great things in my life right now, in the hearts of those around me. I feel Him more than ever. 

Praise the Lord. 
Praise God  in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens. 
Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness. 
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with harp and lyre,
praise him with tambourine and dancing, 
praise him with the strings and flute, 
praise him with the clash of cymbals, 
praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. 
Praise the Lord. 
Psalm 150
A perfect Easter Sunday psalm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3