6/2/14

Liebster Award!


Hi everyone! 

I am so excited to announce that I've been nominated for a Liebster Award by my friend Julia at Trends and Tomfoolery! If you haven't heard, the Liebster Award is for little bloggers like me with less than 200 followers to get a little more recognition.  Of course, I love and value each and every one of you reading this and I so appreciate your support, but a little bit of a bigger audience never hurt anyone. ;) 

So here it goes. I am going to tell you 11 facts about myself and then answer the 11 questions Julia asked. Then I will ask 11 questions to some of my own blogger friends. 

1. I am from Raleigh, NC. I have loved growing up here. It is certainly a beautiful city and it will always hold a little place in my heart. 

2. I love The Beatles more than any other band/musician. Their music resonates with me in a very special way. I love that their sound went through so many different stages and they correspond with any type of mood I'm in. Some days I am in an early Beatles mood. Some days its later. Some days its just Sgt. Peppers. And, of course, I'm a John kind of girl. 

3. I've kept a journal since my senior year in high school. It may be a little different than your typical journal. It mostly consists of prayers and Bible verses and 'conversations' I have with Jesus. But that's not all. I write beautiful quotations I've found, tape movie ticket stubs, and sometimes try to draw pictures. Since 2009, I've filled up 8 moleskine journals and I just began my 9th yesterday. It's so cool to see how I've changed over the years. Even my handwriting is different! 

4. I guess taking off from the last fact, I am a terrible sinner. Jesus is my Savior and my friend. I am so deeply loved by Him, I can hardly understand it. But I know He is the only one to whom I should dedicate my whole life. It's much easier said than done, but giving Him everything is my goal. 

5. I really love coffee. Not just for the taste, but also for the act of making it. Every morning I scoop out my coffee beans and grind them. I use a french press and savor every step and every sip. 

6. I began riding horses when I was 5 years old and showing them when I was 7. My first horse was named Cornflakes and after years of separation, we were reunited about 6 years ago. She is happy and living on our farm, spending her days sleeping and eating. She's the grumpiest mare you've ever met, but she taught me how to ride and deep down she's got a heart of gold. She's going to be 33 this year! 

7. I was an English minor in college. (It's still so weird to use the past tense when referring to college, what??) I absolutely LOVE to read. If you've been following my blog for a while, you've probably learned that from my sporadic book reviews and reading lists. Be ready for one or both of those in the near future! 

8. In the Spring of 2012, I studied abroad in Florence, Italy. It was the most incredible experience of my life and much of it was documented on this blog. Not a day goes by that I don't think of that incredible place and how I long to go back. One day. One day. 

9. Because of #8, my absolute favorite wine is chianti classico. It is certainly the way to my heart. (hint hint ;) )

10. I'm leaving for Bonnaroo in one week!! My whole family went last year, as you may remember. It was so much fun we all caught the bug. A week from today we are embarking on a little family vacay, stopping to camp in the Appalachian mountains for a few nights and visit Nashville before going to the most amazing music festival on the east coast! I can't wait to share photos!

11. I love classic films. Turner Classic Movies is one of my favorite channels. I love being transported to another time and getting to participate ever-so-slightly in the golden age of Hollywood. 

Phew. That was a lot harder than I expected. 

Julia's questions! 


1. What’s your favorite piece of clothing you own?
Hmm. Well, since I've probably worn them every day for the past 3 months, I would have to say my Birkenstock sandals. 

2. Where do you get style inspiration?
I used to be an avid blog reader. Since Google Reader died, I haven't been reading them as often. But I would have to say I am still very influenced by the minimalist fashion of Rumi Neely of Fashiontoast and the individuality of Jane Aldridge of Sea of Shoes

3. What’s your favorite color? Why?
I hate this question. I really don't have a favorite color. Does that make me weird? I just don't. Ok? I can just tell you I really don't like orange and not just because it's one of Clemson's colors.

4. Where do you see your blog in the next year?
I couldn't help smiling when I read this. I have no idea. My blog has been so unreliable for the past 9 months, I don't know where it will be. But I hope that I can be posting on a regular basis and updating everyone on my NYC adventures! 

5. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
Japan. Right now, at least. I've been reading so much Murakami, Japan is all I think of. 

6. Put your music on your phone/iPod/computer on shuffle. What’s the first song that comes up?
Goner - Dr. Dog

7. Chocolate or vanilla?
Chocolate!! 

8. Who’s your ultimate celebrity crush?
John Lennon, of course. 

9. What’s the background of your computer right now?
A photo I took in Cinque Terre in 2012. Here you go! 


10. Best book you’ve read in the past year?
I've read 4 more of his books since then, but it's still got to be 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. I still think of it often and I truly miss the characters and following them on their crazy journeys. 

11. If you had to choose one food to eat for the rest of your life what would it be?
French fries with cheese and bacon on top, ranch dressing on the side. You know. Could I also be immune to heart disease and obesity? That would be great, thanks. 

My questions: 

1. Coffee or tea? 

2. Favorite magazine? 

3. What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it? 

4. What is your guilty pleasure? 

5. If you could tell your middle school self one thing, what would you say? 

6. Most recent awkward moment…

7. What is your cocktail of choice? 

8. What is your favorite new music discovery?

9. If you could wear one item of jewelry for the rest of your life, what would it be? 

10. What is the cosmetic/beauty product you can't live without? 

11. You can take three items to a desert island…what do you take?

And I nominate: 





Have fun, y'all! 





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3