2/15/12

In Love With Prada.

On Monday I didn't have class until 3. Leah has an assignment for her Fashion Marketing class that involves strolling through big name designer stores and checking out the layout. Needless to day, I was happy to tag along. 
But not without an orange cream filled croissant. 

As we were heading over to the stores we saw this man jump onto the ledge. From where we were when he jumped we could not see the ledge and almost had a heart attack. 
Ice in the river Arno. 
Classic, fabulous people in Ferragamo. 
I wish I could buy something by this incredible designer. So beautiful! 
It was a fun and heart-wrenching day. We went to Ferragamo, Celine, Dolce and Gabbana, Dior, Burberry, Chanel, Prada (ahhh my favorite), Miu Miu and Giorgio Armani. I loved seeing the different personalities of the designers portrayed in the layouts. 

Going into college I was planning on taking the track straight towards the fashion industry. Second thoughts led me to change my minor from fashion merchandising to photography. Now I am wondering if I made the wrong choice. Should I still strive towards this dream career of mine? I wonder, why would God give me this (to sound super cliche) passion for fashion if I was not to pursue it? The only problem is how can I be a fashionista for Christ? Is it possible? Please comment and let me know what you think! 


Restore to me the joy of your salvation 
   and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Psalm 51:12

Lately I have been frustrated. Reading the word and feeling like I lack the will to live it out. I read this verse this morning and loved it. I love finding new things in familiar scripture. This psalm is so marked up in my Bible, yet something new stands out each time I read it. This is a prayer that is true of how I have been feeling. He is the one that grants the willing spirit. He is the one who brings is joy of salvation. It isn't me. So instead of exhausting myself, trying to live for Him without the willing spirit, I prayed this to be true of me. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3