2/11/12

Craving Warmth.

Every day I walk past Zara, H&M, and several other beautiful stores filled with Spring/Summer clothes. I try to divert my eyes and remind myself that no one would see my adorable outfit underneath the layers of sweaters and my trench coat. It is so cold here. I just want it to be warm. Sometimes I go into Zara anyways; I can't help it. I am in love with the entire collection. I dream up outfits, picture myself walking to class in them, in the warm weather that seems to have forgotten about us. I just want it to be warm. Here are some of my favorite pieces from the Spring/Summer Zara collection. 






 I especially love the shoes. All the details are so unique and wonderful. 


Then he (Jesus) said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”
Matthew 9:37-38 (NIV)

I read this verse this morning. At first I didn't understand it. The wording is a little confusing. So I looked up the ESV translation as well. 

Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.” (ESV)

This translation is a little more clear. God wants us to look to Him so that we can see the world through His eyes. The harvest is plentiful. So many need Him, but we need Him to show us. 

I prayed this morning for God to show me the harvest. To show me what I need to be doing. It is so easy for me to get distracted. Take, for example, the photos above. I am so easily distracted by clothes and what this world says I need. When truly all I need is Jesus. It is so much easier to say it than to live it. Pray with me that God show us what He desires of us. That we may do His will and not our own. And that we look to Him for strength instead of ourselves, because we can do nothing on our own. Earlier in the passage Jesus performs several miracles, right before people's eyes. He can do the same for us; however, we must have faith. 

1 comment:

  1. am literally obsessed with zara at the moment, need every single piece! x

    www.twinfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3