2/22/12

Ash Wednesday.

Just one of the native Florentine's I see every day. 

I would like to talk for a bit about Ash Wednesday and Lent in general. 
Lent is not about what we can give up. It's about what we can replace. It's about realizing what is really important (JESUS). This is a time to understand that we need nothing more than the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and that Eternal Salvation is the best thing that could ever happen to anyone. Honestly, I know I don't behave like these things are true. I know it in my head, but my heart is fighting against me. That's why I love grace! We are forgiven. Let's celebrate and worship the God of the Universe who takes the time to care about and love immensely each and every one of us. I believe I mentioned this verse a few days ago, but it is so true for the occasion. 

For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.
Hosea 6:6

So before you choose what you're giving up, think about love, mercy, and loyalty. The things God truly desires from us. For lent I am going through a special 40 day devotional and praying that I grow closer to Him and feel His guidance more strongly and grasp a little more of the Gospel. What are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3