6/2/11

Timeless.

A few weeks ago my mom and I went to one of her favorite boutiques in Wendell, NC. It is called Kannon's Clothing, a family owned store passed down through generations. The people working there are so wonderful and have grown up with my mom, and seen me grow up as well. One of the ladies there was so kind to show me these shoes she has kept through the years. They belonged to her Aunt, bought in California around 1962. At the time they were $120. Aren't they elegant? They were so narrow, though, that I could barely fit my toes in! And I have fairly average feet width-wise. I wish so badly that I could have lived in that time. Something was different about life back then, it just seemed so full of wonder and beauty. 



This whole wisdom teeth thing is no fun. My medicine just began to kick in again and I am struggling to keep my eyes open. Let me just leave you with this: 

"Your words have supported those who stumbled;
you have strengthened faltering knees."
Job 4:4

God uses our struggles! Not only for the strengthening of our own faith and teaching, but also so that we can help others who are going through similar circumstances! Let Him show His good and He will blow your mind! God, you are higher than any other. 

4 comments:

  1. the 60's were the best, fashion was so feminine and subtly sexier! Hope wisdom teeth pain goes away soon!

    Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely! I find that anytime I try on vintage shoes, they are a tad too narrow, and I have slightly narrow feet to begin with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes are absolutely gorgeous!I am following you too!
    jewellerybijou.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am following you via bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3