6/12/11

Blue Like Jazz.

Hello all! I am thoroughly enjoying summer and I hope you are. I went to Barnes and Noble to stock up on some more reading material. I wasn't quite sure what kind of book I wanted so I think I got a pretty good selection. 
 The top book I just finished today. Mere Christianity-C.S. Lewis, so enlightening. I am almost finished with the next one down, Blue Like Jazz-Donald Miller. He and I have so much in common it's freaky. Page after page, I feel like I am just reading about myself, which is so comforting. So now for my purchases from today, the next book down is Barrel Fever by David Sedaris. I have wanted to read some of his work for a long time. The next one is another Donald Miller book Through Painted Deserts. The fat book on the bottom is The Collection of Oscar Wilde. I read The Picture of Dorian Gray over Christmas break and fell in love with his writing style. So I've got my Christian inspiration, fiction, and classic literature. I am so excited to read them all. 
 And one more, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. A daily devotional recommended to me by several sisters in Christ. 
 I gave my horse, Hardy a bath a few days ago. He was so clean and glistening in the sunlight. And then that night it rained...
I think he just wanted to aggravate me. Seriously, though, did he just lay in mud all night?

Anyways, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I bought my dress for the Raleigh Debutante Party today! It's gorgeous, but no pictures until the actual event, I want to keep it a surprise. 

I have probably posted this verse before, but, like most verses, it is ALWAYS relevant. 

"And we know that in all things God works for the benefit of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28

5 comments:

  1. I adore Blue Like Jazz! I read it over Spring Break... borrowed it from my friend Lauren in Tri Delta and I just had to have a copy for my personal collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading! What a beautiful verse! xx

    PS: don't forget this giveaway end today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. answer:thank you for your lovely comment!!
    I hope you'll return to visit my blog soon!
    Kisses!!!

    http://paolinasspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, that horse is gorgeous!! Oh how I miss riding!

    Happy Wednesday Dear! xo

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3