5/31/11

Last Days In Destin.












 J. Crew hat; Urban Nomad wrap



I am back home now, I do miss the beach but I am glad I get to spend time with my family. I get my wisdom teeth out tomorrow, ew. Maybe I will put up all these random photos I have accumulated over the past few months while I am lying in bed all day. Anyways, above are the remaining photos from my Summer Project. It was so much fun and I seriously learned more in those two weeks about my faith than I ever thought imaginable. 

I am reading Job now and it is absolutely incredible. He went through so many horrible situations in his lifetime and NEVER cursed God. Last night I read chapter 2 verse 10 it says,
"Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?"

We always get so angry when things aren't going or way. When things aren't easy and wonderful all the time. But if life were like that we would learn nothing, we would gain nothing, and we would have no reason to truly praise our Creator. We would not appreciate the good things in life. How can we possibly expect things to be great all the time? We can't, and it's silly of us to do so. I look back to James 1:2-3 which talks about how these trials we go through are to develop perseverance and then maturity so that we "aren't lacking anything." From the trials we gain so much, but only if you let that be the case. Trust Him. 

I've started reading Mere Christianity and let me just say, C.S. Lewis hits the nail right on the head. If you are questioning Christianity, doubt it completely, or are looking to strengthen your faith (so, everyone) read this book. You won't regret it. Just keep a pen handy and read it slowly as it is a LOT to take in. 
Have a lovely day! 

4 comments:

  1. the pictures are amazing, looks like you had so much fun! i love love the sunsetting, so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great pictures--love those cutoffs!

    pepperandchips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! I wish I was at the beach :)

    pinkbeautybliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your kind comment. I'm happy to have found yours and will now be following :) Your photographs are spectacular... I especially love the one looking through the balconies, it's a gorgeous effect.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3