1/2/13

2013 Resolutions.

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the LORD. 
Proverbs 21:30
So appropriate for New Years resolutions. If He wants you to succeed, you WILL. And He ONLY wants what's BEST for us. I find comfort here today. 


I've found it's very easy to visualize me doing things better in the future, but most of the time when the future actually rolls around, I just want to keep doing the same old thing. This year I want to change that. I want to ACTUALLY do the things I intend to do. Including this post. In the past I haven't voiced my New Years resolutions, or even come up with any, because of the reason I just mentioned. In the hopes that I will follow through with these resolutions, I am going to post them here, as a way of holding myself accountable.

*take note: as I was writing these, I began to feel as if I was writing more of a bucket list than resolutions, I guess it's a little of both* 

Resolution #1(most important): Pray More 
I've been in a little faith rut (I think that's the best term for it) over the past few months. Thinking about myself too much and Jesus not enough. I want to change this, but I can't do it all in my own power. Prayer and walking with the Holy Spirit are the only ways I can change this. Consider this a prayer in itself. A prayer to pray more.

Resolution #2: Fashion-wise, focus on Classic, not Trendy
It's so easy to get caught up in the silly fashion trends, especially when you're like me and you read multiple fashion blogs a day. Some are great, don't get me wrong. But then there are some that I just follow because everyone else seems to. It's time I focus on the classic pieces, the ones that will last forever, and the ones that truly resonate with me.

Resolution #3: Eat Healthier
This won't be an easy one for me. When it comes to food, my will-power is very low. When I crave a burger and fries, I go get a burger and fries. It's time to change that. Time to eat my veggies, healthier snacks, and make an effort to cut down on the sweets and fatty foods. If I want to feel healthier, this is the way to go.

Resolution #4: Run A 5k
I am not a runner, but I want to be. Last semester I was running 2+ miles at least 3 times a week. I want to mentally and physically prepare myself to run longer and hopefully, one day this year, run a 5k. If you have any advice on mental preparation (my weakest point as I don't do well with an idle mind), PLEASE let me know.

That's all, folks. 4 is plenty in my book. What are your resolutions for 2013?

1 comment:

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3