1/21/13

Boyfriend Jeans.

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.
Colossians 1:16
Today I began reading Rick Warren's The Purpose-Driven Life. I've owned it for a while, but was always reading another plan. Today, I decided it was time to begin this famous book and see what all the hoopla is about. I've only read the first day and I'm hooked. So much truth is packed into four pages. He reiterates points that I've heard before but hadn't quite resonated with me. Today I realized, with the help of this book, that I cannot find my purpose in life without Him. Without Him I have no purpose. But I am so thankful that my Creator gives me purpose! He created me for His glory and there's truly no other way to live.  

Another quick thought: Last night at Midtown we were discussing Galatians 1:13 and Paul's "previous" or "former" life. If you have accepted Jesus, think about how your life would be different right now without Him. It was mind boggling for me to think about. I would be consumed with what others think of me, my failures would surely define me, I wouldn't be in Kappa, and I would DEFINITELY find it very difficult to love those with different views or opinions than me. It's terrifying to think of what I would be seeking to give me value, but we are ALL invited to have a FORMER life. What a beautiful thing! Listen to the sermon HERE

I have been searching for a good pair of loose, "boyfriend" jeans. Who knew I would find this awesome pair in Mom's closet. I'm obsessed. 








Photos by Shelby McIntosh

oversized thermal--from Bohemian in Columbia, SC
jeans--Seven for All Mankind (old)
boots--Dolce Vita
scarf--Grandma's 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3