10/11/12

Jesus Time.

I haven't been taking many outfit pictures lately. Here's a nice, long, wordy post for y'all. 

It's been a while since I last blogged. So much has been happening, good things, though stressful. The Lord has been teaching me so much I just hope I can keep up. I have had some deliberating to do and some seemingly big decisions to make. The Lord has been reminding me of His promise and who He intends me to be. I have realized how much of Satan's lies I have been believing and how much I have been relying on both my schoolwork and my "future" for my value and fulfillment. I am learning that it is the present that counts. That I am not guaranteed tomorrow. I am also learning that everything is a gift from Him. My words, my family, my friends are all gifts from Him. I have done nothing to deserve any of it. I could be anyone, and yet I am me because it is His desire and will.

It's amazing how God answers prayers. I'll be honest, I've never been much of a pray-er per se. It's unnatural for me to sit still and speak to God. I would much rather write my prayers and move along with my day. Oftentimes I hardly even give Him a chance to speak, how silly that may be. I've been looking to next year and what I should be doing to prepare for my last year as an undergraduate. Of course, I was consulting everyone but Him. The other night, though, I simply submitted a request to Him. I gave Him a say in all this. And this is what He showed me:

As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.
Ephesians 4:1

There's my answer. He so wants to communicate with us if we just give Him the chance. In that moment I could recognize my calling and I knew what I needed to do.

What is your calling? And are you living a life worthy of it? Are you doing everything you can to follow it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3