10/4/12

Covers.

What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God -- through Jesus Christ our Lord! 
Romans 7:24-25

Once again I apologize for neglecting this blog. Time has been flying by lately. It's midterm week and life is insane. Here's a fun little music post for y'all. As you probably know, Mumford and Son's new album came out last week and it's amazing. I have to say my favorite songs are Broken Crown and Hopeless Wanderer. I also love their cover of Simon and Garfunkle's The Boxer. Usually I dislike covers. I think it takes a lot for an artist to make it their own, especially with such a well-known song. They did a wonderful job with it though. And it got me thinking about other covers I love, so here are some of my favorites.
Mumford and Sons covering Simon and Garfunkle's "The Boxer"
John Mayer covering Robert Johnson's "Crossroads" (I just learned that this is the original performer and Eric Clapton's version is actually a cover. Thanks Wikipedia)
The Killers performed a beautiful version of Dire Strait's "Romeo and Juliet"
Yes, I even included a Beatles cover. Eddie Vedder covering "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away"
Florence and the Machine covering Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Love"
Amy Winehouse covering The Zuton's "Valerie"

The Black Keys covering Jerry Butler's "Never Gonna Give You Up"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3