7/12/10

My flourishing shoe desire. And the beach.

Dr. Martens 1460 worn.Image via Wikipedia
Lately I have become obsessed with shoes. I mean, I always am, but now it's almost overpowering. I really want some Dr. Martens. I'm afraid they will consume my small frame, however. But I keep thinking of outfits with which they would go perfectly. First I wanted metallic silver ones, now I'm thinking black would be more practical. I just cannot decide! Or would biker boots be better? Man, I wish I had all the money in the world.

I really want some chunky, black, strappy wedges. Topshop has some great ones. I love their PACE buckle wedges. I'm afraid I won't be able to ride my cute little beach bike to class, though.  One of my new favorite shoe designers is Rosegold. My prom shoes were made by them and I have yet to see a shoe of theirs that I didn't like. They have fantastic heels with just enough of an edge to show originality.

Anyways, I returned home from the beach yesterday. On our last day there we drove the boat, my aunt's boat, to Cape Lookout. It was absolutely beautiful. I felt like we were in the islands. The beaches seemed to stretch on forever and the water was so clear. 
Photo credit to my mother, she took many of these. 
We saw some dolphins along the way! Below are some of the pictures my mom and I took.
There's the lighthouse. 
The view from the condo. 
Love those clouds...I had to go to the other side of the building to see the sunset.

This was an extremely successful vacation. By that, I mean I got some much needed rest, ate delicious home-cooked meals almost every night, learned how to play Canasta, and I am about two shades tanner. I bought some cute dresses that I can't wait to show you. And I ache for shoes more than ever before.


"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18


This verse shoots my shoe lusting down, way down. Focus on God, not shoes, Makena. Shoes will get you nowhere. Well, in the end. 


As I was updating this blog I was watching Tosh.0. It's my new favorite show and I have Mary Beth Warren to thank for that. I highly recommend it. Big time. Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3