7/5/10

Take me back to a place we call July

Last weekend I competed in the NCHJA Annual Horse Show in Raleigh. Although we didn't do so well ribbon-wise, I had a blast. My horse was awesome, and I am simply enjoying these last few shows before I leave for college. We competed in the E.J. Haun Equitation Finals for the first and only time, because next year I will have aged out, and it was quite the experience. My horse was not made for this type of riding, but, let me just say, he was a trooper. He certainly lived up to that heart on his forehead. Here are some of the pictures I took while at the show, and one taken by the on-site professional photographer, Anne Gittins during the finals.

I was grazing Hardy when I saw this scene, I just had to go get a camera.

Begging for more treats.

So photogenic.

Man, that horse is awesome.

So yesterday I celebrated the fourth a little differently than most. I floated in the pool for a couple hours, taking a small break from my book The Reason for God. I should have known from the title that it was quite heavy, what was I thinking? Instead, I read the short story "A Good Man is Hard to Find" by Flannery O'Connor. I'm not sure what to think yet, but I will let you know when I do. Following my afternoon of relaxation, Mary Beth came over for a slumber party and photo-shoot! It went fantastically, I must say. Below are some of my favorite shots, and more are on Facebook.

No, this is neither Mary Beth nor I. It's a frog we encountered on our photographic journey. My dog stepped on him shortly before this picture was taken, I was surprised he was still able to hop, but along he went.

And there's the culprit...but now for pictures of humans, and a few of nature as well. I couldn't resist. It was such a beautiful Independence Day.

She looks like a forest princess, I love the aqua of her dress against the bold green verdure.


Time for a nature break.
We found a lone golf ball on the course, turns out it was my dads.


Now, back to the beauty that is Mary Beth.
I love this shadow.

Now it's my turn, these were taken by the lovely and talented Mary Beth Warren.
Forever 21 dress; CJ jeggings (denim leggings); Via Spiga pumps; the dangly necklace is vintage; the one with the boat helm was made by Mary Beth. Here is a link to her website where she has a large selection of earrings, necklaces, and many other items: MaryBeesJewelry
"If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."
1 Corinthians 13:2

This verse captures the necessity that is the love of God. Without love, life is meaningless. I am learning, slowly but surely, the importance of love. It's much greater than I once imagined.

The title of this post was taken from the lyrics of my new favorite song. It's called July by Julian Smith. Mary Beth and I found him last night, look him up on youtube. He's got some pretty funny videos, and not to mention he's a great singer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3