7/26/10

The highlight of my summer.

Early afternoon yesterday, I arrived in Blowing Rock, North Carolina. Every summer for two weeks I journey to this heavenly place for a horse show. There isn't much internet connection, so, unfortunately, my posts will be sparse. It isn't as cool here as normal, but it doesn't matter. I'm here. This place is it's own world. We are unaware of the pain, the destruction taking place outside. Here everyone can relax, and, for that reason, people are particularly friendly. Right now I feel like time has taken a break from rushing my life, though I know that isn't true. These 14 days will flash by as usual. So I will be doing my best to enjoy my time here, and will not be blogging. But before I go, I must say a few things.

First- Check out the house in which we will be living for the duration of the show. It is the most adorable place I have ever seen. The back yard seems to stretch on forever, and it includes apples, grapes, and blueberries! I have not taken pictures of inside, or the backyard. But I do have one shot of the front. And from the level of cuteness that it beholds, I will give you some time to imagine the magnificence that lies in the back. Actually, never mind. There is hardly any service here so the upload from my phone will take hours. I will be sure to post some photos before this trip is over.

Second- There is a gala on sunday night, my dress+shoes for it are stunning. I can't wait to post photos from that.

Third- Jeremiah 2:27-28


 27 They say to wood, 'You are my father,'
       and to stone, 'You gave me birth.'
       They have turned their backs to me
       and not their faces;
       yet when they are in trouble, they say,
       'Come and save us!'
 28 Where then are the gods you made for yourselves?
       Let them come if they can save you
       when you are in trouble!
       For you have as many gods
       as you have towns, O Judah.

I love how this verse expresses human's love for false gods. They may seem promising, but in the end, they will break without fail. I attended the Tim Mcgraw concert last Saturday. The music was fantastic, and he seems like such a wonderful man. However, the way in which many people were behaving on the lawn made me a little depressed. I don't know about you, but I believe that a concert is about enjoying the music. That's what I did. The way these people were acting almost ruined my whole concert experience. Now, I do not know their lives, I do not know their beliefs, and I did my best not to judge, but I wish there was something I could do or say to help them realize that there is so much more to this life. Not saying I sin any less than the people I encountered, because, believe me, I do. But the eye opening experience I encountered in December of last year lead to me living such a more fulfilling life. I want them to have that as well. Only God can truly sustain. 

P.S. The Avett Brothers are amazing. Check them out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3