12/24/12

Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! Let's remember the reason for the season, shall we? I loved the devotional from #shereadstruth this morning. It was a nice change from the typical passage in Luke read around this time of year (though I love that one too!). 

In the last days
the mountain of the Lord’s temple will be established
    as the highest of the mountains;
it will be exalted above the hills,
    and peoples will stream to it.
Many nations will come and say,

“Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
    to the temple of the God of Jacob.
He will teach us his ways,
    so that we may walk in his paths.”
The law will go out from Zion,
    the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
He will judge between many peoples
    and will settle disputes for strong nations far and wide.
They will beat their swords into plowshares
    and their spears into pruning hooks.
Nation will not take up sword against nation,
    nor will they train for war anymore.
Everyone will sit under their own vine
    and under their own fig tree,
and no one will make them afraid,
    for the Lord Almighty has spoken.
All the nations may walk
    in the name of their gods,
but we will walk in the name of the Lord
    our God for ever and ever.
The Lord’s Plan

“In that day,” declares the Lord,

“I will gather the lame;
    I will assemble the exiles
    and those I have brought to grief.
I will make the lame my remnant,
    those driven away a strong nation.
The Lord will rule over them in Mount Zion
    from that day and forever.
Micah 4:1-7
How great is Our God! 

Last night was a fun family Christmas party. I loved dressing up and socializing. What a great night. I wore a sweater I acquired a few weeks ago. I'd been struggling with how to wear it without showing a bunch of midriff (not something I really like doing). This oxblood skirt went perfectly. It was high-waisted enough and the colors work so well together. 





Thanks to my sister, Olivia, for taking these photos! 

sweater--Minkpink
skirt--Anthropologie (old)
boots--Matisse 
lipstick--Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in "L'Impatiente

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I love this outfit. You look so good! Mink Pink makes the best sweaters.
    Happy holidays!

    Stop by sometime, xo Natalie
    lavagabonddame.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great in this maxi skirt and the patterned sweater!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3