9/20/12

Flowers and Horses.

" In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory."
Ephesians 1:11-14
I'd like to thank my grandparents for sending me this verse today. It is such a beautiful one I wanted to share it with y'all. There are two things that stand out to me while reading this. 
1. We were CHOSEN by God to live our specific lives. He actively chose each and every one of us. How comforting is that? NO ONE slips through the cracks, there is NO ONE in a place without God's will and protection.
 2. Once we accept Christ, we are GUARANTEED salvation and NOTHING can take that from us. 
Sorry for all the caps but it was necessary. 
God has been doing some pretty cool stuff in my life this week. He's really been showing me how he wants me to live this semester. I just love when I know it's Him communicating with me. Of course this also comes with an attack from Satan, trying to use circumstances to bring me down. But I know I can rest in His presence. No force can take me from the love of God. 










I love these shorts. They're a perfect example of a piece that can be dressed up or down. I love how they're stretchy with an athletic cut. I've worn them quite a few times around campus and feel so comfortable and they look great with sneakers or sandals. 
Mixing patterns and I have a love/hate relationship. Sometimes I hesitate and wonder if it's too much. There's an art to it, I guess you could say. I certainly haven't mastered it, but I think the trick is to not try too hard. If you think the two pieces could go together, you're most likely right. But if you're forcing it, most of the time it isn't the best look. 

I was wearing:
horse print button-down- Zara (also seen here)
floral shorts- Gentlefawn from Bohemian in Columbia, SC
leather sneaks- Michael Kors (old)
gold choker- flea market (also seen here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3