3/19/12

Siena.

 [Jesus said,] "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be My witnesses, telling people about Me everywhere -- in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
    Acts 1:8 
The Holy Spirit is power! And so much more than we can comprehend. It is a beautiful thing. 


Last Friday, after our adventures in San Gimignano, we took the bus to Siena. It is a wonderful town, with a very unique character. It is medieval, unlike the renaissance style architecture of Florence. I learned that this is because the town was greatly affected by the plague and was left with a small population and not enough money to renovate and tear down old buildings. I love it. It is a very special place and anyone who is in Tuscany must visit! 








We found this bakery through the Top 10 Eyewitness book for Tuscany. If you are in Siena, you must go to Bini! I had one of the strawberry-kiwi tarts in the photo above. It was heavenly! 
The woman who works at Bini does not speak any english, I admire that. Obviously it hasn't hurt her sales. And she wrapped our pastries in this adorable package! 


I am currently staying with some wonderful, generous cousins in Geneva, as it is spring break for me! Today we went skiing in the French Alps, at Chamonix (I know, right? So cool!). It's cloudy now, so I haven't seen too many breathtaking mountaintops, but it is supposed to clear up tomorrow so expect photos soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3