1/26/12

Ciao!

Here are some of the photos I have taken during my first 24 hours in Firenze! 
 A delicious panini 
 I am in love with all the architecture! 





 love locks, romantic in an adorable way
 Our apartment is right off the Ponte Vecchio. The famous bridge lined with extravagant jewelry shops. Where five years ago I bought the ring that permanently lives in the middle finger of my right hand. 


 Italian pizza, the best pizza

 The River Arno at night. 
 Our first meals in Italy. Delicious paninis, handcrafted with so much care. 
The door to our apartment, right next to the panini shop where the sandwich above was made a few hours earlier. 

Overall, traveling was uneventful. There were little things, stereotypical airplane and travel inconveniences such as crying babies, obnoxious conversations, and lost luggage. The last of which was resolved and I am in possession of all my belongings. But now I am here and Firenze is beautiful, more beautiful than I remembered. I am in love. My apartment is fantastic. I had set very low expectations, but it is so big. It can feel like home. I am so exhausted right now, though. Today consisted of a lot of walking, eating, sight-seeing, and more eating. I will fill you in on more details tomorrow, as we have wifi in the apartment and I can communicate with you on a regular basis. 
Things are so wonderful. I love it all. 

 Jesus said, "Everyone who drinks this water will get thirsty again and again. Anyone who drinks the water I give will never thirst -- not ever. The water I give will be an artesian spring within, gushing fountains of endless life."
    John 4:13-14 

4 comments:

  1. lovely pics :) now i am hungry :D drooling :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH looks absolutely AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally in LOVE! SOOOO PRETTY! MISS YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are Great! I could totally decorate my place with some of those pictures! That panini looks yummy, and I'm hungry again.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3