1/29/12

My first market purchases. The largest strawberries I've ever seen, fresh bread, apples, banana, Florentine salami, fontina cheese, spices. 
We went to the market yesterday. Most of the day was spent buying food and necessities. Today we went to Ikea. It was an adventure. We had to walk across town to the bus stop, board a bus packed full of people and ride 15-20 minutes to a huge Ikea. I had never been to one before, and I may have gotten a bad first impression. Don't get me wrong, the furniture is fantastic. And all at such good prices. But I have never been in a building with so many people. I felt like I was on the streets of New York at Christmastime. Only I was in a store. I bought some necessary basics for the apartment: a bath mat, hand towel, dish towel, cups, a mug, and cereal bowl. All for 7 euro.
Tomorrow is our first day of classes! It's very likely I will be taking my camera along with me. Expect more photos this week! 

I am so grateful. Have you ever had the feeling that God has put you exactly in the place in which you are meant to be? Surrounded by people around which he intended you to be? That's how I feel. I love Firenze. I love everything. I do miss America, family, having a car, constant hot water, a room that doesn't smell like cats. But I know I am in the right place. In His perfect plan. 

Psalm 130
Out of the depths I cry to you, LORD; 
 Lord, hear my voice. 
Let your ears be attentive 
   to my cry for mercy.

 If you, LORD, kept a record of sins, 
   Lord, who could stand? 
But with you there is forgiveness, 
   so that we can, with reverence, serve you.

 I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits, 
   and in his word I put my hope. 
I wait for the Lord 
   more than watchmen wait for the morning, 
   more than watchmen wait for the morning.

 Israel, put your hope in the LORD, 
   for with the LORD is unfailing love 
   and with him is full redemption. 
He himself will redeem Israel 
   from all their sins.

A psalm over which I have been meditating. I want to wait for Him and only Him. He will be my relief and nothing else. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember going to the market when I studied abroad in Italy after my sophomore year of college...I was in love with all of the fresh produce, the Italian meats and cheese, the bread. Yummmmm! I am so jealous :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3