7/11/11

Incommunicado.

Due to a lack of internet service and my desire to fully enjoy my last week at the beach, I will not be blogging for the next week. Things are going swimmingly here. I am thoroughly enjoying The Paris Wife. A book I mentioned in my last post. The queue on my tumblr is still going if you would like to check that out.

A little update on my weekend, for your enjoyment. I spent some time Saturday on the beach. It was fantastic. I felt so fortunate to be on a beach chair right between my parents. The rain seemed to be indecisive, coming and going. We fought it as much as one can fight nature. But eventually we were forced indoors. That night was a big family dinner. The table was crammed with chairs, Nielsen eyes, and underlying family tension. Not for anything in particular, but with eleven bodies in one small condo, what can you expect?

Yesterday I ventured to Wilmington to see one of my favorite families. It was a refreshing day, the kind one must have every once in a while. To be reminded of the joys in this life. That there are people who truly love out there.

And today my introverted self needed to recover. Meaning I napped, read, and spent time in the quiet watching the waves and making the ever-failing attempt to organize my thoughts. It is so much easier said than done. I often wish I could constantly be documenting what goes on in my mind. I want to have it all in front of me, and then put it on a shelf. But it is not that easy.

Tonight I went to dinner with my grandfather, his two sisters, and my grandmother. They spent the majority of the evening reminiscing about time passed. I can't imagine having so many years to sift through. Being able to say, "twenty years ago," seems so strange.


 "For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; 
   the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1:18

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, Makena. Some times I need God to work some of that in my life and force me to rest. Today is raining and it's the perfect day to stay incomunicado but I guess it's not the right time just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy your time off the net, sometimes those moments are needed, thanks for your sweet words on my blog turning 1!

    Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah the beautiful life, it looks like you had a fabulous weekend! those little experience in life are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3