7/25/11

Casual Monday.


 Welcome to my summer uniform. Michael Stars tank, Levi's shorts, Kork-Ease shoes and Mom's brooch. 



I have been quite the movie connoisseur this weekend. I FINALLY saw the Shawshank Redemption on Saturday night. It was just as fantastic as I had hoped, if not more. And then yesterday I watched Cool Hand Luke. Not my favorite, but Paul Newman was looking good. (lots of prison movies, not intentional.) Last night I spent the night at a good friend's house and we watched Catch Me If You Can. I loved it! Frank Abagnale is a genius. And of course, young Leonardo. What more can I say? 

Church yesterday was just what I needed. It's funny, this has been a hard summer, but when I actually let God in and comfort me He tells me just what I need to hear. I don't know why I ever doubt or run from Him. He is truly all I need, but so often I look to other things for comfort. And they leave me empty and then finally returning to Him. Jesus Calling, my daily devotional, mentioned yesterday that a way to learn to trust Him is to thank Him for as many things as you can. Just see how much you can be thankful for. It is truly surprising, and so uplifting to focus on what you have instead of what you want. 

‎"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s SPECIAL POSSESSION, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." 
1 Peter 2:9

7 comments:

  1. love these sandals! such a chic outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your shorts & sandals!
    and i need to be thanking God more often than i have been lately. there is so much to be thankful for but i tend to focus on any small problems i have. even though every time i take the time to turn to him - it makes me feel so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice shorts:)

    http://shu84.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the outfits you put together are simply amazing -- even on a casual monday.. Look at youuuu. So proud of the feats you have accomplished this summer. I have no doubts in the success you are heading toward and the success you reveal each day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great shorts, ripped to perfection. I like this casual uniform. catch me if you can is such a good movie. even as a fashion blogger gratitude although at odds with more and more clothes is a great philosphy to live by.

    http://sojournedinstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute outfit! Love those sandals!

    ♥ Gina Michele
    CrochetClouds.com

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3