9/3/13

"So many thoughts racin' through my brain"

“Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”
Luke 10:41-42


Hi everyone. I've really been a terrible blogger lately, and for that I apologize. I hope to finally get back in the groove this week, but I'm not making any promises. I really have missed blogging, though! My poor little blog has been so neglected. Well...now that my little pity party is over, I guess I can fill you in on what has been going on in my life. 

Here is a very brief overview. Though I haven't decided if I should focus on the external or the internal, I guess I will give you a little bit of both. (DISCLAIMER--PREPARE FOR VERY STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS, COFFEE DRIVEN WORDS) Beginning with external--Now that rush is over, I've been starting up with my second to last semester of college. Terrifying, I know. Amazing how after every summer I miraculously forget how to keep up with homework. So I've been reading like a maniac the last 72 hours. Or trying to. I've begun interning at an awesome organization which has been enlightening. A little glimpse of post-grad life, one might say. Which is also terrifying. I am beginning work as the Photo Editor of our school magazine, Garnet and Black, which has been nothing but exciting and inspiring. I love looking up photo inspiration. Bullett magazine still has my heart. And for Labor Day Weekend I went to the beach with my family, bittersweet without my Gaga, but she gave us an absolutely perfect day out on the Cape on Saturday (see above). 

internal--I don't even know what to say and what to leave out. The Lord has been rocking my world. Showing me how I need to forgive as He has forgiven me. And I am learning every day that He has forgiven me for a TON. I am so quick to get distracted, to have obsessions over rock stars or television shows. And I am so slow to show other people grace. That is so wrong. I am no better than anyone else, why should I think someone is less deserving of grace....but here's the thing, none of us DESERVE grace. It is a gift freely given. I don't deserve it, no one does. But I have been shown more grace than I could ever comprehend, so why is it so hard to show it to others? He is what is better. I need to choose Him and I am learning even more that choosing Him is a recurring thing moment-by-moment. 

I don't know if this made any sense at all. I apologize for these spewed thoughts. Here is a little outfit post for you, FINALLY. 


photos by my sister, Olivia

dress--Anthropologie
shoes--Pour La Victoire 
sunglasses--Target

Have a great Tuesday. I can only hope your mind is a little calmer than mine. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I feel really inspired by your posts, sometimes I even think I´m going through the same, or very close to it.
    Thanks for sharing your experiences, and keep declaring the gospel.
    Greetings from Mexico.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3