4/8/12

Buona Pasqua!

Today is all about Him. I am so happy for this day we have to celebrate the resurrection, the moment on which all of my faith is based. Jesus CONQUERED the grave! We have so much for which to be thankful. It was strange not being with my family on this day. I had heard about a huge festival at the Duomo for Easter so we went to see that and I am so glad we did! Here's a pretty good video of what we saw. It's called "Scoppio del Carro" or "The Explosion of the Cart".


And my favorite hymn in the entire world:

Come Thou Fount
Come, thou Fount of every blessing, 
tune my heart to sing thy grace; 
streams of mercy, never ceasing, 
call for songs of loudest praise. 
Teach me some melodious sonnet, 
sung by flaming tongues above. 
Praise the mount! I'm fixed upon it, 
mount of thy redeeming love. 

Here I raise mine Ebenezer; 
hither by thy help I'm come; 
and I hope, by thy good pleasure, 
safely to arrive at home. 
Jesus sought me when a stranger, 
wandering from the fold of God; 
he, to rescue me from danger, 
interposed his precious blood. 

O to grace how great a debtor 
daily I'm constrained to be! 
Let thy goodness, like a fetter, 
bind my wandering heart to thee. 
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, 
prone to leave the God I love; 
here's my heart, O take and seal it, 
seal it for thy courts above. 

Celebrate this day, my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3