4/21/10

Senior Skip Day

Last Monday was Senior Skip Day, which was incredible. But before I describe that experience, I feel I must mention my crazy weekend. Friday I spent some quality time with my friends Kevin and Nick, and witnessed their poor attempts to ride my horse.





And here's me. I just really want to post this awesome picture of my horse (Heartthrob) and me at a horse show in Aiken, SC in March. He is such an amazing creature. I am so blessed to have this special bond with an animal. Even on the worst days, when I see that adorable face of his, I can't help but smile.



Most of the day Sunday I spent time at my good friend Mary Beth's house because she was hosting a jewelry show. She is incredibly talented, and not only is she a beautiful person inside and out, but she also makes some absolutely stunning earrings. Here's the link to her website...
http://www.wix.com/Marybees123/marybees

And Sunday night was the Class of 2010's prank time. It was a blast, who knew getting back at your high school would be so much fun? Just a glimpse...











So about Senior Skip Day, (yes, I feel the need to make it a proper noun, thats just how epic it was) it began at about 6 AM that morning with me driving to Taylor's house and then taking my sister to school. Following that trip, we drove to Wilmington without the aid of a GPS. I was quite proud of Taylor and myself for reaching out destination the "old fashion way" even though we basically drove on 40 east the entire time. We visited the cutest boutique while we were there called Hallelu and they had bible verses on every tag. Its nice to know that there is still Christianity in the fashion industry.

The majority of the day was spent on the beach, the sunburn on my back and face can prove it. It was nice having the chance to relax and spend time with friends. It was definitely a well-spent Senior Skip Day. Below are some of my favorite pictures from the day, all taken by Taylor.


From left to right: Forrest catching some rays, me picking the music, and JT gazing out onto the ocean




Taylor and me


Group Shot!
Buck, JT, Me, Forrest, Taylor, Michael, Rachel, Swetha


Swetha and Carolyn after swimming in the freezing ocean! They are crazy!


Me and Rachel :)

Last weekend made me realize how wonderful my friends are, and how blessed I truly am to have them in my life.


"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

P.S. As I was writing this, I was listening to Jeff Buckley on Grooveshark. He was so talented.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3