4/9/10

Jesus Loves Me

This was perhaps the most beautiful Easter break I have ever experienced. I don't get to go to the beach often, even though my grandparents are constantly begging us to come to their condo. Horse showing consumes a great amount of my free time, so this was a spectacular event. Normally the weather is warm, but not quite enough for tanning and bathing suits. But this year it was absolutely perfect. Below is a picture of the first boat outing group. Elizabeth, Rachel, me, and Caroline. My bathing suit is Tracy Feith for Target and I am wearing Ray Ban aviators.

Funny faces :P Me, Nick, Kevin, Rachel, and Taylor. My t-shirt is from Forever 21 and my sunglasses are Roxy. I have no idea how my hair looks so calm, this shot was taken following tubing behind the boat and being thrown into the water by the crazy turns.

Just a glimpse of the tubing chaos. Kevin and me, he was being a
daredevil, while I was holding on for dear life.
My sister and I doing the iCarly dance.
Yes, I know I am a little old for that show, but it's just so funny!
And I just love the hustle and bustle in the background of this photo,
a typical dinner at my grandparents condo.

Our Easter Sunday service was a different churchgoing experience. The chapel was absolutely beautiful, and now I am regretting my choice to not photograph. Huge windows framed the altar, and gorgeous green trees were in the background. I was particularly curious about a single stained glass window, among several other normal ones. My grandma must have noticed my staring at it, because it was of an anchor, not something I would expect for a stained glass window in a church even at the beach. She informed me that the window was donated in memory of a man. This man died in a car accident, and was the son of an incredible woman, who was a close friend of my other late grandmother. She makes the most incredible pound-cake I have ever tasted, and would always make one when I came to visit my grandmother. She is truly a wonderful person, and I wonder why she chose an anchor for the window. Maybe because even if we don't always believe it, God is our anchor. We may feel like the world's currents are taking control, but God is always there to anchor us to Him and His love.

The sermon was absolutely touching. It was given by a man for whom, in just a half hour, I acquired a great amount of admiration. He described the resurrection as not only the bringing back to life of Jesus, but all of us as well. I couldn't help but recall all of the times I have felt like Christ has brought me back to life. This was the first Easter that I have actually felt a glimpse of the sacrifice God made for me, and appreciated it. I guess this was the first Easter with me actually possessing a real relationship with God.I truly felt his love. A very successful and fulfilling Easter, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3