8/5/14

One Year.


It's been a whole year, but I still feel the warmth of your hands on my cold feet. I can still hear the sound of your voice when you told me if whatever I was doing was "becoming." It was a privilege to know you, let alone be related to you. I've never met anyone more radiant, more naturally loving and compassionate. In the midst of unimaginable pain, you put others needs far above your own. You invested everything into those around you, often without thanks. I at least know that to be true for me. To have left such a mark of love on your friends and family is an accomplishment I can only hope to achieve for my life. Yet you did it with grace and style. 

I miss your charm and the way you always asked me to sit next to you on the couch. You always had to have a hand on me, like you had to give me some of the love that had been overflowing within you. I miss the way you would rub my head when I would be trying to take a nap. Your hand moving across my ear, keeping me from ever falling asleep.

 You made me feel like I could conquer the world. Like everything I said was smart. You saw the good in me, more than I ever could and can. You saw the good in every person around you. You were a magnet. Even still, I feel myself gravitating towards you even though you're not here. You were a walking example of a gospel-centered life and I aspire to be even half as wonderful as you were. Until we meet again. I love you, Gaga. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3