3/25/13

Music Monday.

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our “God is a consuming fire.”
Hebrews 12:28-29
Last night at Midtown, the service focused on the death of Jesus. I've heard the sermon several times before, but this one really stuck with me. The whole time the pastor was talking about all the gory details of His death, I just wanted to save Him. I wanted to stop the madness. Let Him know I'm not worth saving. But no, He drank the cup until it was finished. Out of His infinite love for me. So what then? I wondered. What comes next? I began to see the crucifixion as fuel. As the motivation for how I live. This verse helped me a lot this morning, as well. We are to respond with thankfulness and worship because of all He has done for us. 

This might be a regular thing for the blog, Music Monday. I do like the idea of sharing the songs I have on repeat on a weekly basis. Here is my favorite song as of the last three days. Judah and the Lion is a Christian band. Their sound is very much like Mumford and Sons and Avett Brothers. Lots of banjos and beautiful lyrics. These though are clearly directed to the Lord and I can't help but listen to them over and over again. 


Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3