11/26/12

Quality Time.

If you haven't noticed, I went on a bit of a blogging hiatus. After my last post, I didn't want to come back here. It was as if I could hide from the truth by avoiding my blog. A strange reality. And while I was on this break, I got to thinking. 

I still don't know my main objections for Moments of Eternity. They seem to be constantly changing. One thing stuck out to me, though. This blog needs to be something of quality rather than quality. I believe I meant this to be a place to share inspiration and instead it's become a contest of how many followers I can gain. I hate to say it, but it's true. 

I want to make a commitment to you all as well as myself. From now on, this will be a place where I document what inspires me. This can be photos, outfit, verses, writings, whatever. But I want to be the real me, not some artificial girl trying to get likes on instagram (though I really love those). I want this to be Makena in blog form. And if that gains followers, go me, and if it doesn't, I am being myself and it shouldn't matter. 

So, here it goes. 

Remember, this blog is a work in progress. I don't think it will ever be complete. But that's what makes it interesting, right? 

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23

I am so thankful for the unfailing love of my Heavenly Father. I have neglected Him so much over the past week or so, not wanting to come to terms with the absence of Dodger. I think only fellow animal lovers can understand my pain, my family's pain. But these things happen, and I believe in my heart that I will see her again some day, along with all of our other puppies who have gone to Heaven. Funny how in these desperate times, when I ought to be clinging to God the most, I leave Him in the dust. I still haven't figured out exactly why I do this. I act like I can handle it better on my own. I think I believed that God was going to tell me to get over it, to move on, and I wanted time to grieve. I know now that's not what He intends to tell me. He wants me to share my pains with Him. I pray I'll move closer to Him instead, when trouble hits. 

Our gorgeous turkey on Thanksgiving Day.

That's all for today. Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3