8/13/12

Personal Space.

 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
1 Peter 9-10 

Ok. I promise the much longer than originally planned blogging hiatus is coming to a close. 
However, I think I have a pretty good excuse. 
From Friday until Sunday my family was helping me create this beautiful space. 
 I never knew interior design could be so stressful. But I had a blast in the process and am so happy with how everything turned out. 
I'll give you some details on the pieces in my room. 
P.S. The walls are very bare, but I am keeping an eye out for local art and art on etsy. Let me know if you have any names or websites I should check out. 

the bedding- Restoration Hardware 
the linens- Bed Bath & Beyond 

 the desk- Flea Market $75
the club chair- found in the basement 
the end table- Pier One 
floor lamp- found in the attic 
 the shower curtain- Bed Bath & Beyond 

 I have an enormously large closet. My little is currently living in it until her apartment is available. See that pillow in the bottom left corner?
 I was so happy to bring my turntable and records, making it feel even more like home. 

 curtains- Bed Bath & Beyond
the horse lamp was my grandmother's 

I am so blessed to have had most of the furniture waiting for me in the attic. The bed, nightstand, dresser, linen chest, desk chair, club chair, mirror were all already in our possession. 
All in all, I LOVE my new space. I can't wait to fill the walls with art and photographs. I hope you like it, too. Let me know your thoughts.

1 comment:

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3