7/4/12

Happy Fourth!


Happy Fourth of July, everyone! I hope you all have some fun things planned today! 
I am on the list for a daily bible verse email and today I received a very special devotional that I wanted the share with everyone. It is so enlightening! 

“Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord.” – Psalm 33:12

“You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love” – Galatians 5:13 NIV

“It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor.” – George Washington

“We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

“And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever.” – Thomas Jefferson

“ I’ve lived, sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth: ‘That God governs in the affairs of me. If a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid?’ We’ve been assured in the sacred writings that unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it.” – Benjamin Franklin

“America needs God more than God needs America. If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.” – Ronald Reagan

Let Freedom ring in and through you… It is for freedom that we have been set free. If the Son has set you free… you are free indeed!

“It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.”- Galatians 5:1 NIV

And here are some inspiring, patriotic posts I wanted to share with you! 
123456

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3