9/19/11

Bits and pieces of my weekend.

 It was Maggie's 21st birthday. I bought here Alexander Mcqueen: Savage Beauty. A gift that at which I can marvel as well. 


 Free People top, Rich and Skinny jeans, Jeffery Campbell Litas

It was a great night! 

Tonight in Church we talked about David and Bathsheba in 2 Samuel 11. It was definitely a sermon I needed to hear. David, though described as a "man after God's own heart" was a sinner and needs a Savior just as much as the rest of us. Written by David after he had faced those struggles is Psalm 51. A personal favorite of mine. This psalm broke the hardness of my heart at Greek Summit last summer and it did the same for me tonight. 
Prepare for some Jesus-love. Because I have some things I would like to say. Enjoy!
Here are two of my favorite verses, though I am in love with the entire psalm. 

"Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones you have crushed rejoice."
v. 8

The visualization of bones being crushed is so relevant. God allows us to pursue other "gods" for worldly satisfaction for a time, but after we have grown exhausted from seeking our safety elsewhere He comes down from heaven and shakes us! He says, "Beloved, what are you doing? All you could ever need is here with Me!" This confrontation feels like bones breaking, and it makes sense. These false pillars we make cannot hold the weight of salvation. Life doesn't work that way. But once these bones of ours are no more, then can we realize that He is truly what we have been looking for. In Him we have FREEDOM, LOVE, and PERFECTION. And, my friends, you can find that no where else. How wonderful is that? He is EVERYTHING WE NEED. 

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart, 
O God, you will not despise."
v. 17

I know I have mentioned this verse before, but it reaches me in new ways every time I read it. God wants our brokenness. Jesus came to take it, and with Him it was nailed to a cross. If we believe Jesus is who He says He is, we no longer have to obey our brokenness. Our cracked, cold hearts do not have to control us. With Jesus, we are free to love and serve Him. We were designed for it. So why waste any more time chasing after these worldly desires, eventually the pillars will fall. But He NEVER will. He is always perfect and He loves you unconditionally. A love like this is only possible with Him. 
Please, read Psalm 51 all the way through, if you have the time. You won't regret it. Hey, you can even read it right here.

Have a great Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3