10/16/10

HARRISBURG!


So I just returned from the Pennsylvania National Horse Show in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. What an incredible experience! I placed 11th in the handy hunter, other than that we got no ribbons, but I am so thankful I was able to go. Hardy was a superstar, that is for sure. He is the most amazing horse I have ever met. I will have the non-proof photo soon, but I just couldn't wait to show you how awesome he was! I also have videos of my courses and once I can figure out how to post them, if I ever do, I will be sure to show you.

Last weekend I competed in the NC State Fair Horse Show and we were reserve champion. Just an update.

The Gamecocks just lost to Kentucky, what an unfortunate end to my week.

But anyways, on the way home from PA I finished the book Radiant: Living as Light in a Dark World by Marian Jordan. It was incredible! So down-to-earth and simply stated. I highly recommend it for any woman striving to grow more intimate with the Father, along with all the other Marian Jordan books. She recently spoke at First Baptist Church in Columbia. It was the first stop on her college tour and let me just say, she was one of the most passionate women. She truly has a heart for Jesus. I have so much admiration for her. Her other books include: Sex and the City Uncovered: Exposing the Emptiness and Healing the Hurt, The List (which we are reading in the Kappa Kappa Gamma Bible study), and Wilderness Skills for Women: How to Survive Heartbreak and Other Full-Blown Meltdowns (that would have been nice to have around this time last year, but God works in mysterious ways).

I want a trench coat so badly! This one by Burberry is perfect. I just want the classic, tan, long trench look. Hopefully Columbia will get cool enough so I can actually wear it!

"When words are many, sin is not absent" Proverbs 10:19
This verse was mentioned in Radiant and she points out the opposite of the verse which is "When words are few, regret is absent." 

I have never been a girl of many spoken words. I have always envied those who seemed to know exactly what to say in every situation. But this verse helps me to realize the blessing of the ability to think before we speak. Our mouths were, like the rest of our body, given to us by the Creator. In order to get the best of our lives, we must use them to glorify God. It seems to me that speaking leads to action in many scenarios. Oftentimes action that does not bring glorify to the Father. Keeping in mind that our voices are gifts from God can keep a whole truckload of sin from entering our lives, therefore filling us even more with the Holy Spirit. 

Lord, you are so incredible. 


1 comment:

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3