12/3/14

Idlewild.

Hi Everyone. 

I thought I'd have a post like old times. The times when I wrote down what was going on in my life and had photos to show it. Instead of my quick posts as of late with maybe a sentence and nothing personal. 

This past weekend I ventured home. But home is different now. It's beautiful and joyful, but different. It's now a place that I will rarely spend more than a week visiting. It's one of my homes, one that I don't get to see too often. It's so strange, growing up. I don't know how long it will take to get used to this. 

Thanksgiving was wonderful. So wonderful I forgot to bring my camera. These photos are the only ones I took the entire time I was home (aside from a fun portrait session, photos to come soon!). We had an oyster roast, random house show, I saw old friends and made some new ones. It was so refreshing and I can't wait to be back for Christmas. 

 A little glimpse of my hilarious gem of a mother. 


It was so strange, seeing more trees than buildings. I never thought a scene like this would shock me. 

Just some thoughts on what it was like going home for the first time after moving to New York...

I love Raleigh. I love home. I love my family, my friends, my dogs, cats, and horses. But I was reassured that this is not the right place for me right now. Driving around the suburbs, I felt a sort of relief that it's not where I live at this point in my life. Being in New York has been beautifully strange on so many levels. I have felt like I am able to finally settle into a personality I've been seeking my entire life. I am seeing glimpses of myself at all ages and feeling like I can let these innate characteristics take over. I love the freedom the city provides, the endless opportunities and inspiration. Every day I am more sure that New York is the place I need to be, even on the hard days. 

The Lord has provided me with an incredible community already. I can't believe this is really happening. I am so thankful for the support He has given me along the way, through family and friends. I am so excited for every single step along this journey and I can't wait to share it all with you. 

All my love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3