5/18/10

and you will go to Mykonos...

So I am about to get ready to leave for Greece! I unfortunately have not had time to upload pictures of my packing process, but I just hope I am not forgetting anything. Before I go, however, I feel I must describe the highlights of my weekend.

Friday was quite the interesting experience. My friends Swetha, Zach, Kevin, and I went downtown for some exploring. It's quite a different feeling, being 18. I no longer have to worry about being kicked out of anything. It's a little confidence boost. Following our downtown adventures, we attended the Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Rialto. I will never forget that event for the rest of my life. I saw more skin, men in heels, and flying toilet paper than I had ever before. It was quite fun, but the inappropriate language grew old after the first half hour. Kevin mentioned during the show that he didn't know these people existed, and I have to agree with him. I just cannot imagine working at this show (I believe it's voluntary) every Friday night, but it's something they all love and I respect that.

Saturday was my birthday party which was a blast. It consisted of swimming in my pool, billiards, and tons of pizza. It was quite the success, but I do not have pictures uploaded yet. And, after everyone left, just us girls went swimming in the dark and had some fun of our own. What a great weekend.

Last night I packed, while listening to TiK ToK radio on Pandora, and left plenty of room for all of the items I plan to buy. I also rented The Philadelphia Story and Sabrina (with Audrey Hepburn) and bought The Graduate (probably one of my most favorite movies of all time) on iTunes to watch on the plane! Oh, and I got this mini hair dryer about which I am rather excited. I have a feeling many memories will be made in this ancient country, and I will be back to share them in one week!

"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."
Matthew 21:22
One word stands out to me. Believing. I think it was meant that way, as well. If you completely believe that what you are praying for is what you need, it will be given to you. But you must believe it with all your heart, a heart that loves God.

That is all for now. Be back in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! Let me know what you think!! <3